I have been running Mural projects in schools around Bristol and North Somerset that focus on enhancing the learning environment and developing core skills.
Every project is different but the aim is always
· To nurture a sense of achievement, ownership and pride in children through art that they can carry to all aspects of life and learning.
· To create an environment that inspires the confidence to share thoughts and ideas, to seek and embrace opportunity in collaborative work.
· To recognise narrative and emotional content in art and understand the thought planning and skills that have been used to create these feelings and responses.
· To actively encourage a desire for exploration and experimentation and to celebrate mistakes and accidents as part of this journey in creating great art.
· To highlight the importance of art as a tool to further literacy skills and vice versa.
Bishops Road- Stage backdrop, 'Our local area'
Henbury Court- Journey around the world (in one corridor)
St Teresas - Chimney mural!
Gay Elms - Van Gogh inspired mural by year 4
Uphill- Outdoor stage backdrop
St Francis - Andy Goldsworthy inspired 'Buddy Wall'
School of Christ the King- Mission statement mural
St Patricks - Stairwell mural
Christchurch Downend- Environmental mural painted by year 6